Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What’s going on?!

So what’s going on with my tax refund? There’s a trace number that my bank does not have in their system. There’s different account and routing numbers on the paperwork submitted through TurboTax to the IRS. They don’t even match the info that I put on my tax return For my bank account.

The IRS website says that it was sent/deposited on 22 February. The phone info from Santa Barbara tax group states that it will be deposited in 2 to 3 days, every time I call! after speaking to multiple people at the tax group, they are telling me that it was deposited to my bank account on 23 February. According to my bank, it’s never been received. It’s not even pending. It doesn’t even show up in our system as having come in at all!

Did I just get my tax return stolen? Did TurboTax divert funds? Did Santa Barbara tax group divert funds, or steal my money?

I seriously cannot take this anymore!!!! I cannot get medication needed for my bipolar disorder, nor my medication’s needed for ulcerative colitis, because I do not have this money! I am beyond frustrated! I want to just give up. Everyone is telling me to call other places. No one wants to help. TurboTax has been the worst idea ever! I’ve never had a problem like this before with them. I will definitely NOT BE USING THEM AGAIN, EVER. I have always gotten my deposit the next day, or at the most, about three days later. So what is the actual…?!?!?!!!

Has anyone ever had to deal with this before? I am actually out of ideas. I don’t know where else to go, don’t know where else to turn I don’t calling TurboTax and posting this on their forum is going to get them to just tell me to call my bank or go to the Santa Barbara website. But I’m hoping someone else had this figured out. 

thank you in advance! Namaste!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

What’s going on?!

if you chose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund then the banking information on the tax form is the information to send your refund to the third party bank.  That bank gets your refund first from the IRS.  They take out your TurboTax fees and send the rest to you---and that bank has YOUR direct deposit information.

When you choose "refund processing"   TurboTax gets its fees when the IRS releases your refund.  Your refund goes to the third party bank.  The bank takes out your fees and then that bank sends the rest of the refund to you.

How can I see my TurboTax  fees?   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

What is Refund Processing Service?

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

What’s going on?!

I have done everything that you have mentioned. But yet, nothing. No one seems to know what’s going on. And no one seems to want to take responsibility. No one wants to help me. 

I have offered the tracking number or the trace number, whichever it is, everyone tells me it goes to someone else’s account (that it belongs to some other place, e.g., my bank, Santa Barbara, tax group, TurboTax, etc.)

So when someone ACTUALLY WANTS TO HELP ME, ACTUALLY CARES, please contact me

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

What’s going on?!

You will need to contact TPG again for information regarding your refund. They are one who handles your refund if you elect to pay your fees with your refund. Please see Contact Information – TPG for information, including their hours of operation. You may want to try calling early in the morning since they may get busier throughout the day.

You can also check out this TPG Refund Tracker to check on your refund.

@JennBode 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies