turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What is "tax table income" in tax transcript

Hello,

I get my tax transcript from IRS website. One line is "tax table income per computer" and another line is "taxable income per computer". What is the difference? These two numbers do not match. I cannot find the number in the "tax table income per computer" from my 1040 form. 

Any idea? 

Thanks. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

"TAX TABLE INCOME PER COMPUTER:" - this is your taxable income after taking the Standard Deduction or Itemized Deductions, but before any personal exemptions.

"TAXABLE INCOME PER COMPUTER:"- this is your taxable income after taking personal exemptions.

Note that the Tax Cut and Jobs Act of 2017 set personal exemptions to $0, so presumably a transcript from 2018 onward would show the same number in both places, but for 2017 and before, there were personal exemptions for each person in the tax family in 2017, it was $4,050).

If this transcript is for tax year 2017 or earlier, then these two income numbers should not be the same.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for your reply. 

In my case, the transcript is for 2019. There is a slight difference between these two numbers. Any idea  what caused this? 

The tax table and the tax computation schedule might bring different end results due to the timing of publication of one versus the other. I have found over the years that there have always been slight differences. Provided this slight difference does not put you into a higher tax bracket then I would not spend time on it. For example, if you are talking $1500 difference and that $1500 brings you to a 32% tax bracket versus a 24% then I'd definitely make sure the end result puts you into the 24%.

2020 Tax Brackets

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies