tyronew803

What if I put in the wrong account number for direct depost?

What if I put in the wrong account number for direct deposit and waited a couple of weeks and still didn't receive my refund?

NiaW

If you've already filed and your return has been accepted or mailed, it's too late to change your bank account information for direct deposit but since the info you provided is for a closed or invalid account, your bank will return the refund to the IRS and the IRS will mail a refund check to the address provided in the return. Paper checks generally take anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks to arrive once sent out by the IRS.

NiaW