turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vmathis3

What if I did not receive an email from turbotax and I used them the past 8 years. Don't they have my direct deposit information for stimulus?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

What if I did not receive an email from turbotax and I used them the past 8 years. Don't they have my direct deposit information for stimulus?

Please note the following update: 

We are happy to share that stimulus payments will begin to be deposited on January 8th for millions of our customers affected by the IRS error.  We expect most of these payments to be available that day, but banks could take a few business days to process. Payment will be deposited into the same bank account that customers received their 2019 tax refund.

Customers receiving a stimulus payment will receive an email from TurboTax letting them know their stimulus payment is on the way.We have been working tirelessly with the Treasury and IRS to get stimulus payments to our customers.  We know how important these funds are for so many Americans and we regret that an IRS error caused a delay.

Please note the following page for additional information:  Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

Not immediately receiving an email does not necessarily mean that your stimulus payment is not being processed.  As mentioned earlier, it may take your bank a few business days to reflect the deposit in your account, and it may take the IRS a couple of days before your account information is updated in their system as well.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Please note the following update: 

We are happy to share that stimulus payments will begin to be deposited on January 8th for millions of our customers affected by the IRS error.  We expect most of these payments to be available that day, but banks could take a few business days to process. Payment will be deposited into the same bank account that customers received their 2019 tax refund.

Customers receiving a stimulus payment will receive an email from TurboTax letting them know their stimulus payment is on the way.We have been working tirelessly with the Treasury and IRS to get stimulus payments to our customers.  We know how important these funds are for so many Americans and we regret that an IRS error caused a delay.

Please note the following page for additional information:  Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

Not immediately receiving an email does not necessarily mean that your stimulus payment is not being processed.  As mentioned earlier, it may take your bank a few business days to reflect the deposit in your account, and it may take the IRS a couple of days before your account information is updated in their system as well.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
vmathis3

Thank you!

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

To make sure we have your correct e-mail address, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax Online account.
  2. Select Intuit Account in the the lower left corner of your screen.
  3. This will take you to an Account Settings screen.
  4. Click Edit at the right of the E-mail address line.
  5. Enter your new email address and confirm it.
  6. Enter your password.
  7. Click Save, and you’re done..

If you no longer have access to your email address and are unable to login to your TurboTax Online account please complete the Account Recovery Request Submission Form.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies