tanajohns515

What happens if I file my taxes and then receive another w-2? If I end up owing after I amend, do I have to pay that right away? Or would it be taken out of the next years tax return?

MarkB

You will have to file an amendment.  You should file that amendment after your receive your refund when you originally filed.

Amending to pay additional tax.  If you’re filing an amended tax return because you owe additional tax, you should file Form 1040X and pay the tax as soon as possible to limit any interest and penalty charges.

To learn more about amending your return, please check out IRS website at this link: https://www.irs.gov/uac/newsroom/irs-offers-tips-on-how-to-amend-your-tax-return

I hope this information will help you take care of your taxes for 2016.

MarkB