What does it mean on the where is my refund page when the status shoes as "refund being processed"

on the  "where is my refund" site i get the following status : "Refund return has been received and is currently being processed.Your return has been received and is currently being processed."   In years past I this used to take maybe 2-3 days. Is this indicative of an issue with my return? 

where can i see that on my profile

That is the tracker on the IRS"s Where's My Refund website here <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.irs.gov/Refunds">http://www.irs.gov/Refunds</a>. You have to enter your information to see what it shows for your return @cyoung4567

@stevenkiener I've provided a detailed answer for you below! Hope that helps.

Thank you so so much @TurboTaxAndreaC1  that helps tremendously!

You are most welcome!

I am interested in whether Steve has received his refund.  I see many people claim a difference between "still processing" and "being processed" and I am concerned as to what the difference is.  This is my first year after divorcing where I changed to head of household and reporting alimony.

Hello there. Yes I have. It took a bit, maybe 12 days for my status to change but I received my refund last Wednesday. I hope this helps

Excellent!  Thanks Steve.  I updated to approved this morning, which was a relief because of all the changes for me this year.  I thought for sure the change in filing status and reporting alimony would prompt a review of some sort, but I was very forunate.  Glad to hear you received your refund.

That just means that the IRS has accepted your return and they are now processing it. Processing times can vary with them though. Patience is virtue here. It can range from a span of just a few days up to about 3 weeks to see a move from accepted to approved with the IRS. 

Since everyone's tax situation will vary, when everyone gets approved will also vary. And you can find more details on that here Why do some refunds take longer than others?

Just keep an eye out on their website for updates. If you don't see a change after 3 weeks, that is when you need to contact the IRS. Please see details below.  

NOTE: By law, the IRS cannot issue refunds before mid-February for tax returns that claim the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC). While the IRS will process your return when it is received, it cannot issue related refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards starting on Feb 27, 2018, if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with the tax return.

My return is accepted but still not approved - is there a problem? Should I be worried?