Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does it mean on the irs website about Tax Topic 152?

Just adding my own personal experience her. This is the first year I believe I had topic 152 on my tracker - I don't recall seeing it in previous years.  I was getting concerned because as of yesterday the tracker was stuck on the "return received" part with topic 152 at bottom. I submitted my return about 3 weeks ago - I know they say wait 3 weeks - but in past years I've gotten my refund real quick, like under two weeks. I don't have EITC but I am self employed with an LLC so I do have all the new schedules on my return. Anyhow I just checked the website this morning and voila its been updated to "refund approved". Anyhow my point is try not panic, it seems that its taking longer this year for some people and for me it'll be about a full month before I receive my refund. Hope this helps

jp4343 Thanks for adding that extra tid bit of info. Definitely helps to know that you had the tax topic 152 on there. I believe that code can mean a variety of different things. I only filed yesterday and was approved thru TT however on WMR it just shows one bar "processing" and the Tax Code 152 at the bottom. I filed DD and also have an EITC. I usually file early but decided to wait this year bc of the shut down, so we shall see.

toyapoo02 Appreciate you providing the details of your experience and coming back here also to share. Thats how I have done in the past, it helps to see others go thru similar circumstances. & yes, I agree with you, they take our money so quit yet hold it forever, but If I can also help others eliminate some stress by relaying my experience I will surely do so too!

sweety2020 Also thank you for sharing what you are going thru. Tax advocates usually straighten it out. Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer, 21 days is long enough.

I'll update here so we can keep track on each others progress.  ::Heres good luck to us:: 🙂

Toyapoo02 do you know the dates that ddd are issued? Are anyone?? What are the dates for dd & where can you find the dates for ddd?

i filed 2/15/19, both state and fed were accepted within minutes. received refund from state on 2/20/19.. checked irs tool for refund status on 3/4/19, bars disappeared and received topic 152... checked transcipts online, states no taxes were filed. I am assuming that it will take longer to process. so far no letter or anything in the mail.
toyapoo02

Check wmr ppl ..more ppl got DDD's today

Toyapoo02 when is the next day for ddd? After today & how often or what days are they expected to release.?

I had tax topic 152.....i got a letter to verifiy my idenity....verified online. Now waiting.....anyone else in this same situation. How long did it take to get your money....the message said 2 weeks to complete and 9 weeks for rrfund but i cant believe that!

Updating for everyone - my refund is finally hitting my bank account- its in process, I'm guessing it'll clear tomorrow.  As per previous post, it took longer this year, plus had that worrisome tax topic 152 for about 10 days staring me in the face (as stated I'd never seen it before) but refund is finally coming. i know everyone's situation is different,  just trying to help people to not panic if they see the tax topic 152 and return takes longer to process -, it may not necessarily mean its a bad thing.

@jp4343 Can you please let us know when did you file and when it was your refund accepted?

I don't have my program open right now but I believe it was around 2/12 - it definitely took the full 3 weeks. Last year I got my refund in around 10 days tho and never saw the tax topic 152 so I was concerned this year. Maybe its just taking some returns longer?  
toyapoo02

Weds they do updates .. and deposits usually hit deidsy night or Sunday morning.  This is 4 ppl I know and myself that have received taxes this year ..and IRS told me about checking on weds ..
Just hearing that every body deposit hit fri and sat ..same as 4 me
toyapoo02

But they have processed so many ..anything can change . They may update tomorrow.  Just keep your eyes open and fingers crossed .. they been working..finally..lol

Yes they are working I believe. I also just received a Congratulations from Turbo Tax for finishing your taxes (never received that before). I still have one bar and Tax Topic 152, but I Always have that. Im just thinking its processing.. 🙂

I am still waiting on mine. And when I last called a week ago, they said it could be up to 45 days and had no other information. Mine still says "Your refund is still being processed. A refund date will be available when available." They also told me that even though I received confirmations that my taxes were received on 1/28, they were not received until 2/12. So ridiculous.
twins523

I filed on the 9th of February and it’s still saying TT 152
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies