Solved: What address will my refund be sent to

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What address will my refund be sent to

I no longer have my turbo card and the address I have on file I no longer live at.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 15

Since the IRS is using information from your 2019 return, the IRS will use the address that is on your 2019 return.  

For your 2019 return, you cannot change your information once a return has been accepted & processed.  You will be able to change your personal information when you file your 2020 return.

Right now you can send in a change of address form (8822) to the IRS.

https://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-procedures/address-changes/address-changes

If you need to change your information for your State, you can go to your State's website for information.

Make sure you have changed your address with the post office.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 15

Since the IRS is using information from your 2019 return, the IRS will use the address that is on your 2019 return.  

For your 2019 return, you cannot change your information once a return has been accepted & processed.  You will be able to change your personal information when you file your 2020 return.

Right now you can send in a change of address form (8822) to the IRS.

https://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-procedures/address-changes/address-changes

If you need to change your information for your State, you can go to your State's website for information.

Make sure you have changed your address with the post office.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings