Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does it mean on the irs website about Tax Topic 152?

@hthcam3 they’re gonna want you to amend your taxes or maybe they can fix it for you it all depends.i had a similar situation where my federal withholding was more than my w2 I had to amend my taxes and verify myself because of that.

Wow
toyapoo02

Welp I walked in ..
toyapoo02

And again I had 152 and got my refund ..  not sure about what porche is talking about... I had 152. Due to the Path act... nothing with direct deposit.. a lot of ppl that filed and did direct deposit never got a code . Just their DDD ..I do other ppl taxes as well ..this is all from experience .. 2018 and 2019 . Good luck 2 everyone..

What about the ones with wage issues and have 152
toyapoo02

That's possible ..but that has nothing 2 do with direct deposit..if u click on the blue link it will explain it in detail ..I had a blue link when mines said tax code 152 .. I clicked on the "more information" tab .. and it explained in further detail.  Then I called 21 days after i filled and was told 152 is for the path act . That was my case.  152 has nothing 2 do with direct deposit.  I'm sure u know ppl who got their taxes direct deposited and never even got a single code.  If u look up 152 it explains all reasons y your taxes are being held up.  It is more than the path act .. u just have 2 check it and see which explanation pertains 2 you.  I don't see y IRS cant tell u that.  The lady definitely told me ..and again I didnt have 2 make and appointment at IRS.  That is always an option ..u can also make an appointment.  I didnt have 2

Check where your refund....bara have been updated

Ok I’m only talking from my experience. I had to identify myself two years ago they wouldn’t give me any information on the phone I was constantly told to wait for my letter in the mail because they need the control number off the letter...when I received the letter I couldn’t identify over the phone they wanted me to come in by appointment ONLY...Again this is what happened to ME! And I see plenty of threads stressing this same matter it’s nothing they could do until they receive the letter...However maybe you can walk in ??? Far as I know and what everybody else is saying they had to make a appointment. Fars as tax Topic 152 its for numbers of reasons and I know I file others taxes as well. My personal opinion this has nothing to do with tax path. Tax Path is a new law for maybe a few years now or however long! I’ve been filing for years tax Topic 152 always been a topic on my refund even 10 years ago Topic 152 is not a new code anybody that ever filed a return should know this.
toyapoo02

Ok porche .. lol.  Again hella ppl got DIRECT DEPOSIT and didn't get code 152.  And again the IRS website itself explains the path act under tax code 152.  And that's what's held my taxes up this year because I have EITC .. that's the path act all day.  Do your research mam.. I was only tryna help ppl here ..I had that same code just a couple weeks ago..and I got mines and IRS personnel explained the path act was my hold up ..tax code 152.  
Ppl your best best is 2 either walk in or try 2 make an appointment because all u gon get is different answers because ppl have different tax situations ..and ppl pls go on IRS website and look up tax code 152 ... or just simply type IRS code 152 in your Google search engine box.  Or call IRS and ask them.2 explain that code 2 u as u all did me ..its a simple question and they will answers it..again good luck ..and porche not tryna upset u.  I'm only stating facts. Which IRS can verify.  By calling in asking a general question .. if u can u try if not I understand.  And no I dont know everything.  I just know about tax code 152 from my experience and from the info I received from the lady at IRS..not tryna ruin your day or upset u ..I was only tryna help ppl and make sure they are not mis informed.. I have received mines but still tryna help others .. same as I did last year in these forums ..I too had 2 identify my identity and it was not code 152. For the last years prior to this one .. and maybe I was lucky enough to walk in and be seen..but they saw me and I was able 2 get things done when I went in ..and also when i had 2 verify i never received a letter.  IRS told me what was the hold up ..maybe things have changed a lil ..but I promise u I spoke 2 someone a couple weeks ago on the phone.  She told me tax code 152 is holding up my taxes and that's only because they had 2 wait til after the 15thh because I was gettin earned income credit..this pertained 2 me ..maybe tax code 152 has more than one situation under it.  When I looked it up...path act popped up 1st and I moved around..waited my 21 days and called In .and got the same info i read..
MY SISTER WMR JUST UPDATED..EVEEYONE PLS GO CHECK THE WEBSITE.  IT SHOULD BE A BATCH COMING OUT THIS WEDSNESDAY .I HOPE EVERYONE GOT A DDD TODAY .  GOOD LUCK 2 U ALL ..
toyapoo02

Excuse any typos..just waking up ..lol

@toyapoo02 I’m sorry I wasn’t upset at all. I was just sharing my situation, everybody situation is different. I’m very aware of the Tax path and they hold everybody taxes until the 15th I also do a lot of research about taxes too....I also know the IRS are very big liars and tell everybody different things that’s why I do my research. My opinion Tax Topic 152 has nothing to do with Tax Path that’s an old code Tax Path is over I just filed a couple ppl last week and they updated dated this morning to being processing  and tax Topic 152 again I wasn’t upset and everybody situation is very different no one situation can go the same I just wanted to share a little of what I went through... It’s really just a wait game.

I have code 152 and I have a wage hold so I know it’s not just direct deposit

The ppl I filed didn’t use EITC and they have Tax Topic 152.

Ok I’m going to contact a tax advocate Monday to see what I have to do
toyapoo02

Ok sweety and ok porche. ..that was the reason I had it. .. u right it could be other reasons..i was saying that it didnt mean direct deposit.   I sure hope everyone gets theirs soon .. tax time can be such a headache. .they quick as hell to take money out of every check every pay period ..but cant get this stuff right.  Its crazy
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies