turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why are other people who are affected by PATH Act that filed after I did being told when they will recieve their refund, but mine still says processing?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Michelena

Why are other people who are affected by PATH Act that filed after I did being told when they will recieve their refund, but mine still says processing?

"Being processed", means they must  first process your return and then approve your refund. Even though the IRS issues most refunds in less than 21 days after they receive your tax return, it’s possible your tax return may require additional review and take longer. Hang tight, you will see your status eventually change. 

Where’s My Refund? will give you a personalized date once they approve your refund.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Michelena

"Being processed", means they must  first process your return and then approve your refund. Even though the IRS issues most refunds in less than 21 days after they receive your tax return, it’s possible your tax return may require additional review and take longer. Hang tight, you will see your status eventually change. 

Where’s My Refund? will give you a personalized date once they approve your refund.

Well I have been "Being Processed" since before they put the "cover" note on the irs.gov site.  I find it ridiculous, that I filed a good 3 weeks before other people that also have PATH waiting on theirs and they get notification of deposit while mine is still "in process"  I have filed the same, claimed the same children for 16 years (oh they are mine)....I even claimed 3 children for years, but one is no longer a dependent as of this year (Oh yeah I followed the rules even though he lives with me and I hold and pay for his insurance and half his support last year, but since he made over 4500.00 I used that rule and didn't claim him)....so my question is it because of how much I get back because I follow the rules?
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies