Solved: Waiting for a return to be rejected

Tallis

Waiting for a return to be rejected

I filed my 2020 return, but forgot to include a 1099-r. IRS accepted it in the first week. Now I am still waiting for a refund or rejection. 

Is there anything I can do to besides continue to wait? Can I withdraw my submission or submit an amended return? It been 25 or more days since that accepted my return. 

Mike9241

Waiting for a return to be rejected

your refund is probably being held up until the IRS sends you a notice about the missing 1099-R. then you must respond to the notice.  once accepted a return is never rejected.  in addition, TurboTax won't have the 1040-X for amending until 3/25/2021

Tasogare

Waiting for a return to be rejected

If your return has been accepted by the IRS, you can amend the return.

Tallis

Waiting for a return to be rejected

It has been accepted only on 2-11-2021, not approved. I have not received a refund. And I am unable to complete an amended return in Turbo tax. They have not explained why my refund has not been approved. 

Mike9241

Waiting for a return to be rejected

Tallis

Waiting for a return to be rejected

Thank you. How long should I expect it to take for the IRS to kick it back to me to correct or amend it?