turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

NCOK

TurboTax was supposed to pay my state taxes with my refund. My refund was intercepted by the IRS. Does TurboTax still pay State through my bank account instead?

I’m not sure if I need to send state a check and if I have to pay late fees. I’m hoping TurboTax sets it up where they do pay taxes through your bank account if the other options don’t work.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TurboTax was supposed to pay my state taxes with my refund. My refund was intercepted by the IRS. Does TurboTax still pay State through my bank account instead?

TurboTax does not pay your State taxes owed with your refund.  You can only pay your TurboTax fees from your Federal refund.  You would had to have set up your State return with your bank when you filed your return.

You can go to your State’s website to pay owed online, you should pay asap, penalty & interest accumulate until taxes are paid in full.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I’m not sure if I need to send state a check "

You need to send the state a check or pay online at state revenue website.

You are confused about how "amount you owe" is handled.

@NCOK 

TurboTax does not pay your State taxes owed with your refund.  You can only pay your TurboTax fees from your Federal refund.  You would had to have set up your State return with your bank when you filed your return.

You can go to your State’s website to pay owed online, you should pay asap, penalty & interest accumulate until taxes are paid in full.

You must have misunderstood something if you thought that your state taxes owed could be paid from the federal tax refund.  Current year taxes owed cannot be paid from a current year tax refund, federal or state.

How you chose to pay the state taxes owed will be on the Filing Instructions page for your state tax return.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2022 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return

Go to your state department of revenue website for information on how to pay the state taxes owed online.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for state DOR contacts - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/state-taxes/contact-state-department-rev...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies