Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

zhaohuiwang
Returning Member

Turbotax provide incorrect address for state return and My tax return is now sending back to me.

I followed the Turbotax instruction and mailed my MO state tax material on Monday. Now my USPS tracking sent me a message telling that the mail was rejected and sending back to me. I then went to the Missouri government website and could not find any address that matches what is specified on the Turbotax From MO-1040V. The wrong address by Turbotax software brought trouble to delay my tax filing.

The following is copied from the from generated by Turbotax 

2021 Individual Income Tax Payment Voucher (Form MO-1040V)
Please print. Make check payable to Missouri Department of Revenue. Mail Form
MO-1040V and payment to the Missouri Department of Revenue, P.O. Box 371,
Jefferson City, MO [removed].

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

Turbotax provide incorrect address for state return and My tax return is now sending back to me.

That is the exact same address on the Missouri Form MO-1040V as posted on the Missouri website for the form - https://dor.mo.gov/forms/MO-1040V_2021.pdf

Please mail your Form MO-1040V and payment to:
Missouri Department of Revenue
P.O. Box 371
Jefferson City, MO 65105-0371

zhaohuiwang
Returning Member

@zhaohuiwang wrote:

There is no such address on the web

https://dor.mo.gov/contact/individual-income-tax-information.html

Then that is an issue for the Missouri Department of Revenue to resolve.  What is posted on their official Form MO-1040V for the address to send the form is what anyone would use to mail the form.

Contact the Missouri Department of Revenue.

zhaohuiwang
Returning Member

Hi Turbotax,

MO Department of Revenue called and told me the address listed from Turbotax is not a valid address. So I strongly suggest Turbotax to double check and ensure a correct address to be listed in your instruction for the future versions.  Please stop blaming others and it is Turbotax responsibility to provide the correct information because customers like me paid fees for using your software.

P.S. my tax mail was rejected because I wrote the incorrect address on it which was from turbotax, and now the mail is stuck in INDIANAPOLIS IN DISTRIBUTION CENTER (even the USPS do not know why). I probably will be charged for late fees by MO state revenue.  

@zhaohuiwang I am sorry that you are going through this but the fault lies with the Missouri Department of Revenue for using the address on the Form MO-1040V as posted on the Missouri Department of Revenue website- https://dor.mo.gov/forms/MO-1040V_2021.pdf

I noted this to you on my post of April 20, 2022.  It is the of responsibility of the Missouri Department of Revenue to provide correct addresses on the forms that they publish.

Here is a screenshot of the form MO-1040V from their website showing the incorrect address -

MO-1040-V.JPG

zhaohuiwang
Returning Member

What I can say. Stopping blaming others!!!!!

I paid fee to turbotax so turbotax should ensure to provide correct information at least!!!  check the web link above there is no P.O. box 371 listed on MO Department of Revenue 

zhaohuiwang
Returning Member

Two persons I talked from MO department of revenue told me they did not make the form and the reality is I did not pay any fees to them but instead I paid to turbotax to use your software. 

@zhaohuiwang wrote:

Two persons I talked from MO department of revenue told me they did not make the form and the reality is I did not pay any fees to them but instead I paid to turbotax to use your software. 

TurboTax gets the address for where to send the payment from the form provided by Missouri.  Blame the provider of the address, Missouri.  This issue is not going to be resolved here, so there is no need to continue.

zhaohuiwang
Returning Member

Will turbotax keep the wrong address in your system or correct it with a right one after I point the error for you?

That is the reason I came back and delivery the message here. 

zhaohuiwang
Returning Member

I state it the 2nd time "..., So I strongly suggest Turbotax to double check and ensure a correct address to be listed in your instruction for the future versions"

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies