turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gdrewrn

I had my 2015 taxes done by someone. i did not get coppies and need them, how can i get coppies from turbo tax. he used this service,

your social security number won't access your 2015 taxes done by someone else?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SeanE1

I had my 2015 taxes done by someone. i did not get coppies and need them, how can i get coppies from turbo tax. he used this service,

Turbotax maintains copies of people's tax return by their account number, not social security number.  If someone else did your 2015 tax return, it would have been under their account number and they alone would have access to your return.  You will either have to go back to them and ask them for a copy, which they were legally required to give you anyway, or follow the Link below to request an official transcript of your 2015 tax return from the IRS.

https://www.irs.gov/uac/newsroom/request-a-transcript-or-copy-of-a-prior-year-tax-return

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SeanE1

Turbotax maintains copies of people's tax return by their account number, not social security number.  If someone else did your 2015 tax return, it would have been under their account number and they alone would have access to your return.  You will either have to go back to them and ask them for a copy, which they were legally required to give you anyway, or follow the Link below to request an official transcript of your 2015 tax return from the IRS.

https://www.irs.gov/uac/newsroom/request-a-transcript-or-copy-of-a-prior-year-tax-return

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies