Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Attend our Ask the Experts event about Extension Filers on Sept 25! >> RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax Fraudulent Refund Status

I have filed for the year 2023 with an expected federal refund. The refund went through a "green dot" bank, which is the third party bank that handles the fees and sends out the remainder to my direct deposit. However, I have not received my remainder and it has been over 5 months. I see similar issues back in 2021 with turbo tax. This is not even the interesting thing. See, I entered my direct deposit information correctly to my bank that I have had for many years now (Capital One). The tax return filing shows that my account and routing are completely different numbers, that I could not have entered by accident. Turbo Tax changed my direct deposit information and sent it to a JP Morgan Chase bank (I do not have an account with them). Even better, Chase can not help me because I don't have an account, TurboTax can't help me because they are incompetent and it is "out of there hands", green dot bank cannot help for the same reason, and finally the IRS cannot help because TUBOTAX IS A FRAUD SERVICE. I will never use them again and urge everyone to never use their services unless you want your money taken in fees and upgrades and lost filings. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

TurboTax Fraudulent Refund Status

One poster found this.....
"The refund was sent to a bank I didn't recognize because Schwab where I have an account uses an intermediary bank, JP Morgan/Chase. So the refund was in my Schwab account which has little activity and I had not checked. I had not had a refund in so long, I did not remember the default account I had set up years ago for refunds."

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies