Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gttabata

TurboTax does not allow e-filing of amended returns after filing 1040. Forces you to mail for BOTH Federal and state. That's ridiculous.

That's a software weakness that should be corrected.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

TurboTax does not allow e-filing of amended returns after filing 1040. Forces you to mail for BOTH Federal and state. That's ridiculous.

What tax year did you amend?   If you are amending a 2023 return that was e-filed you should be able to e-file the amended return.  If you amended a past year return, you will have to send in the amended return by mail.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
gttabata

I amended 2023.  And no, the software (desktop version) specifically states that if already filed, must mail in the amendment.  Makes no sense.  AND, state return (CA) must also be mailed.  

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
gttabata

Thanks for your responses xmasbaby0.  I didn't bother calling TT customer support because the two times I called them this tax season, seemed like I was talking to a robot.  Just reading me chapter and verse from the same materials I could find online.  So I'm sure they'll just tell me what the software already did -- that it has to be mailed....PERIOD.  I wanted to speak with someone other than a TT tax person, but there's no obvious way to make complaints or suggestions about the software.  That's why I posted here, hoping that someone at TT would be monitoring these threads. Oh well...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies