Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Raftinfool
Returning Member

Turbo Tax won't let me edit all of my Virginia Form VK-1

I am a non-resident of Virginia, and I own small shares in a few real estate partnerships based there, and thus have to file a Virginia return each year.  The recent Va. legislation giving Pass-Thru Entities (partnerships, S corps, etc.) more time to distribute K-1s means that I have to prepare my return using estimated values. I use the values from my 2022 K-1s, mark them as estimated in TurboTax, and then edit my return when I receive the actual 2023 K-1.

I got a last-minute K-1 and went to the page "Your Virginia K-1 Summary" and clicked "Edit".  The problem is that the only screen it displays is the "Enter Your Owner Information" screen, which is owner information and taxable income. When I hit Continue on that screen, it should take me through the rest of that VK-1.  Instead, it goes back to the "Virginia K-1 Summary" page with the list of all the VK-1s.  I therefore have no way to replace the estimated values from 2022 with the actual values from my newly received 2023 K-1s.

I paid the $50 for the Live Tax Expert subscription, and waited the 28 minutes they promised with my cell phone by my side.  When the phone finally rang, the automated message told me this was my final call (I had NOT received or missed any calls before it, according to my phone's call log), and to press a key to speak to a representative.  I did so, and was disconnected.  When I called back to the 800 number that had called me, I was quoted about 40 more minutes of hold time.

So I still need help with this apparent TurboTax bug in how it doesn't allow editing a previously entered form, and I'm feeling ripped off by the additional service I purchased.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

Turbo Tax won't let me edit all of my Virginia Form VK-1

Assuming you are using TurboTax Online, you could try these basic troubleshooting steps to see if this will resolve the issue with your Virginia K-1:

If you can't access the information in a form you entered, check your Internet connection. If you continue to have trouble, try changing browsers (Chrome usually works well).

Try clearing your cache and cookies

If after trying all of the options mentioned you still have the same problem, you could try deleting the form and entering it again.

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the left menu, select "Tax Tools" and then "Tools".
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, select "Delete a form".
  4. Select "Delete" next to "K-1" (for example) and follow the instructions.

In the alternative, try these steps to delete a K-1 entry :

• Go back to the main screen for Income
  • Find the Investment Income section
  • Click Update next to Schedule K-1
  • At the next screen, select Update for the type of Schedule K-1 you want to enter or edit
  • The Schedule K-1 you started to enter should appear on the next screen, with buttons to either Edit or Delete.
  • If you click Delete, another screen appears, asking if you are sure.
  • If you confirm you want to delete the K-1, it is deleted.

TurboTax Live is normally open until midnight local time on April 15th or other tax deadline if you would like to try contacting them again. I am sorry you had the experience you reported.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies