Turbo tax says my refund was accepted but track my refund says it hasn't. why is this?

Accepted?means that your refund is now in the Government's hands and will need to be approved.? If your return was accepted less than?21 days?ago, be patient, it can take anywhere from a few days to up to three weeks to go from?accepted?to?approved. 

IRS representatives will be able to research the status of your refund if your return was accepted (received)?more than 21 calendar days ago. Call them at 1-800-829-1040, but prepare for potentially long wait times. 

For more info about?Where's My Refund?and other refund-related topics, visit the IRS webpage?Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions

accepted means your your tax return has passed the initial inspection (your verification info is correct, dependents haven't already been claimed by someone else, etc.) using TurboTax software.  Now the government has to approve your refund. Below is from the information from the TurboTax website. "First they look for things like back taxes and unpaid child support. If they find any debts, they'll offset (reduce) your refund to cover the outstanding amount. Once they are satisfied that you have no outstanding debts, they will approve and then issue your refund.
Think of the e-filing/refund process along the lines of applying for a job; although the employer (government tax agency) has received (accepted) your job application, they still have to review (approve) your application before they grant you an interview (refund)."