Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax Online Not Generating Schedule A

Hi,

I am using turbo tax online and it is not generating the schedule A although I am utilizing the standard deduction. I am trying to print and mail my return, but cannot do it until the schedule A generates. How do I get the schedule A to print along with the accompanying forms?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

You said you are "utilizing the standard deduction." When you use the standard deduction, Schedule A is not used and is not included in your tax return. In TurboTax Online you cannot print a form that is not used in your tax return. Mail your tax return without Schedule A.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

You might have misunderstood line 12 on Form 1040 or Form 1040-SR. It says "Standard deduction or itemized deductions (from Schedule A)." The "from Schedule A" applies only to itemized deductions, not to the standard deduction.

You get to deduct either the Standard Deduction -OR- your itemized deductions on Schedule A.  If you take the Standard Deduction you do not get a schedule A.    Schedule A is for Itemized deductions like Medical, Gifts to Charity, State Income Taxes Paid, Mortgage Interest, Property Taxes, Car registration fees, etc.  

For 2023 the standard deduction amounts are:
Single 13,850 + 1,850 or 65 and over or blind
HOH 20,800 + 1,850 for 65 and over or blind
Joint 27,700+ 1,500 for each 65 and over or blind
Married filing Separate 13,850 + 1,500 for 65 and over or blind

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies