Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo tax home and business - problem with five limit filing!

So I have only filed one electronic filings, and I'm getting a message saying I have hit my limit at five. 

Seriously, what happened here?  I'm late on returns because of this.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
maglib
Level 11

Turbo tax home and business - problem with five limit filing!

@blacksmithbar 

There is a new limit of 5 e-files per license, limited also to 5 per intuit account not just per laptop.  If  nobody else used your account Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

If you want to purchase another license as someone else shared your TT account or filed on another laptop:

You need another TT account to hold a new license.  Or you can always file by mail.

You would need another license installed on a computer that has never had the old license on it (I tried to delete and remove an old license and downloaded a new one and it still erred).  Possibly a full removal of old license would work but, I did not try it.

Take the file you have been working on sign into the new license, under HELP  on the top of your screen choose Switch product.  Here is where you assign the new license and it signs you out.  Then call up that return and save it with the new license assigned,

Then you need a thumb drive.  You need to copy and paste using file manager the .tax file to a thumb drive.

Then copy from that thumb drive to the new laptop with the new TT install on it.

Call it up, you now have a new license and using the new account, you should be able to e-file.

Yes, you will have to pay for another license or choose file by mail instead.

Sorry I am just the bearer of the news.

**I don't work for TT. Just trying to help. All the best.
***Say "Thanks" by marking as BEST ANSWER and clicking the thumb icon in a post and that I solved your question
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I am NOT an expert and you should confirm with a tax expert.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies