Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Joe3116
Returning Member

Trying to e-file an Amended return that has already been accepted, but Turbo Tax says the "Amended return area" isn't ready yet. What is that and what should I do at this point?

I am trying to E-file an "Amended return" (because of a late 1099-int) of my 2020 Federal return which was accepted 5 days ago.  Turbo Tax says the "Amended Return Area" isn't ready yet and to try back later........I   updated the inputs in Turbo Tax, but it won't let me e-file the Amended federal return. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Trying to e-file an Amended return that has already been accepted, but Turbo Tax says the "Amended return area" isn't ready yet. What is that and what should I do at this point?

You cannot do it that way. The 1040-X amended return won't be ready here until late March, so put everything back the way it was.

Joe3116
Returning Member

What do you mean, put everything back like it was?  Do you mean to go back and put all the old data back in the TurboTax program ???      What good does that do? 

Since Turbo Tax will not have their program up and running till late March, like you said, it seems that the best option is to fill out the 2 page form 1040X and mail it in.  What do you think?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies