Poodymac63

Tracking

Filed taxes on the 12 of March. It is now the 17th and I am still not able to track my refund. The same goes for tracking my stimulus. My return was accepted on the 12 as well. All information I input is correct. Is there something wrong? 

LenaH

Tracking

No. The IRS issues most refunds from e-filed returns in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review. Your return was e-filed five days ago, so it may take a little bit more time to be able to track your refund. 

To find out where your refund is, first check your e-file status. If it's been accepted, you can begin to track your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund? site. You'll need your Social Security number or ITIN, filing status, and the exact amount of your refund to check your status. 

You can check the status of your third payment by using the Get My Payment tool. 

Poodymac63

Tracking

Yes, its been accepted since the 12th and I am still not able to track it at all. It keeps saying wait 24 hours to use the tracking tool but its been almost a week. Neither the Where's My Refund or the Get My Payment tools seem to be working. 

Poodymac63

Tracking

I don't know... something does not seem right. It usually let's you track it a day after it's been in accepted status. Almost a week in it still gives me no information.

ThomasM125

Tracking

Your story is typical this year, it seems there is a lag between the time your return is accepted and when it shows up in the refund tracker tool. I believe the IRS is just behind because of the Covid situation and the extra work involved with processing stimulus payments.