Berickson93

Topic 203 WMR 2 bars

Wheres my refund updated to 2 bars today. Talks about a possible offset and has topic 203. However I called the treasury irs offset 800 number and it said i have no offsets. Anyone know why im getting topic 203?? Thanks in advance

WMY Fool

Topic 203 WMR 2 bars

The only time it’ll tell you if you have an offset is if you owe the IRS any money.If you owe state,county or some type of judgment it won’t tell you like child support,unemployment taxes or court ordered judgment against you.I go through it every year for unemployment taxes always says I owe nothing when I call 800 number but at same time says refund is being offset 

TiffanyL

Topic 203 WMR 2 bars

A possible refund offset could mean that your IRS-issued tax refund comes in around $35 or $40 less than the amount shown in TurboTax or the government may have made a correction to your tax return, resulting in a lower (or higher) than anticipated refund. The link provided below should be able to assist you with this:

Topic 203