turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

moquamar

I did 2017 in HRBlock.com and printed out a pdf file. How do I amend 2017 using the pdf file inTruboTax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I did 2017 in HRBlock.com and printed out a pdf file. How do I amend 2017 using the pdf file inTruboTax?

To amend your 2017 with TurboTax since you did not file with them originally, you would need to purchase the 2017 Desktop software, enter all your original information into the program exactly how it was when you filed your return. You then tell the software you are going to file by mail so the software “thinks” you filed the return.  Then you can have amend your return, you can go to the section to “Amend” the return  (It is under Other Tax Situations>Other Tax Forms>Amend a Return).  Amended returns must be mailed. You can purchase the 2017 TurboTax software at the following website

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

It would be allot easier if you went back to H&R Block & have them amend your return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

To amend your 2017 with TurboTax since you did not file with them originally, you would need to purchase the 2017 Desktop software, enter all your original information into the program exactly how it was when you filed your return. You then tell the software you are going to file by mail so the software “thinks” you filed the return.  Then you can have amend your return, you can go to the section to “Amend” the return  (It is under Other Tax Situations>Other Tax Forms>Amend a Return).  Amended returns must be mailed. You can purchase the 2017 TurboTax software at the following website

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

It would be allot easier if you went back to H&R Block & have them amend your return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies