Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

This is extremely sad & unacceptable

After reading all these complaints, I hope and pray TurboTax gets put out of business. Fortunately, I didn't have to go through a crazy wait for my refund. After I didn't receive any deposit on my date, IRS told me that this STBG bank has my refund and they were taking their fees out first. I spoke with the bank, and they had no idea what was going on (so they say) but gave me the number to the customer service of the bank and luckily I got a nice lady to help because she clearly heard how livid and frustrated I was. She told me that once they receive the refund and they take their fees which was more than what TurboTax said the fees were going to be smh But once I put in my name and social into STBG system like 2-3 business days later, I saw my refund and it was sent to me the next day. Now I don't know if it had to do with me calling like crazy and the lady at STBG hearing how pissed I was so she helped me a lot. And I wish I knew her name because I think she's the reason my refund was sent to me within 24hrs. I learned a valuable lesson, to never do my taxes with TurboTax AGAIN! And I hope and pray with all these complaints and reports about what TurboTax is doing to us gets them SHUT DOWN. DO WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO DO TO GET TURBOTAX OUT GUYS!! This is not okay, TurboTax might have some undercut agreement with STBG bank to rob a lot of us of the b.s. fees to get a profit also. It's sad to know how many people went through the same thing as me or worse smh LOOK FOR ANY OTHER OPTIONS TO DO YOUR TAXES BECAUSE TURBOTAX IS NOT IT!!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

You do not have to use TurboTax ever again if you do not want to.   But you need to be aware that no matter what tax software program you choose to use in the future ---- when you choose to have the fees deducted from your federal refund there will always be a fee for that choice, and there will always be a stipulation that you have to pay your fees within an allotted amount of time whether your refund arrives or not.   So avoid that situation.   Pay your software fees upfront.

And next time---see if you qualify to use any of the free filing services offered on the IRS site:

https://apps.irs.gov/app/freeFile/

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Once someone goes through that situation, don't you think they already know to not make the same mistake twice? So obviously everyone on knows now with TurboTax to just pay your fees upfront or with any software service, but  that's not the point. The point is, obviously it was not put in fine print that if you don't pay your fees upfront a third party bank from wherever, is going to take some of your money and send it whenever they feel like it. Are you reading the complaints and issues??? AGAIN, FIGHT EVERYONE! COMPLAIN TO THE BBB, CALL YOUR LAWYERS, WHOMEVER TO GET TURBOTAX TAKEN OFF. 

You go from wanting to harm her to giving her all the credit rather quickly. Did you ever suspect it could be she was afraid for her life because of how ratchet you got on the phone? Your tax refund isn't worth the abuse you probably subjected that lady to.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies