Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

There was a typo in one of my EIN numbers and my return was rejected I want to correct the typo How can I refile these returns I don't think I need to amend them ?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

There was a typo in one of my EIN numbers and my return was rejected I want to correct the typo How can I refile these returns I don't think I need to amend them ?

If the return was truly rejected by the IRS in the e-file process (check this), then you don't need to amend your return, because you haven't filed it yet in the first place.

Go into TurboTax, go to the proper screen, change the EIN, and then go through the filing process again.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If the return was truly rejected by the IRS in the e-file process (check this), then you don't need to amend your return, because you haven't filed it yet in the first place.

Go into TurboTax, go to the proper screen, change the EIN, and then go through the filing process again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies