I was finally able to talk to a person at the IRS. They informed me my return was randomly selected to be reviewed. I was then told that it would be May 2nd before I could expect my return. I filed Fe

Feb 2, 2019. Has anyone else run into this? If so does it really take 3 months????

There's always a certain percentage of tax returns that are subject to random review. Hopefully, it will not take until May 2nd, but do not be surprised if it does. And you are definitely not alone. If you search on this forum, you will see other people that are under review. Even if it's only 1/2% of filers that get reviewed, that's a significant number when there are tens of millions of filers.

Have you received your refund. I filed same date as you and still waiting.

So all our extra fees we pay Turbo tax to handle it for us if we are under review and you guys cant actually help? I want a refund for max protection!!