kmoharam

The possible reasons I didn't get refund for y 2015 tax year?

I filed my taxes through Turbotax, and refund option was direct deposit into my bank account. I was expecting a good sum but received none so far. I'm not sure what could've happened.

Heather14

You can initiate a trace on your missing federal income tax refund amount.  You will need to fill out Form 3911 and submit it to the IRS per the instructions on the form, or you can also call the IRS to initiate a trace on the refund. The IRS Refund Hotline is 800-829-1954. 

Heather14

kmoharam

Thanks for the answer, that was helpful. I just wanted to add a detail; I filed through turbotax and chose direct deposit, however, not directly through IRS, but through the bank that turbotax uses as an intermediate for direct deposits. Would this make any difference? thanks.
Heather14

If you trace your refund with the IRS and they let you know that they sent it to the bank that handles the refund processing service, you can then contact that bank to see what has happened to your refund.  You can use this link: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://taxpayer.sbtpg.com/">https://taxpayer.sbtpg.com/</a>