en125

The iRS sent me a letter to confirm my identity Before they could process my tax return. How much longer will it take to get the return now?

AndreaC1

@en125 Did they send you a 4883c letter and if so, have you already contacted them at the phone number provided in the letter?
en125

Yes I did and I verified everything they needed.
AndreaC1

Okay, thanks for the update. I'm posting an answer for you below!
AndreaC1

The IRS is stating that it will take about 9 weeks to complete the processing of the return once you have verified your identity. You can also find that information here Understand Your 4883C Letter

If it's after 9 weeks and you don't hear anything, I'd recommend you call them at the IRS tax refund hotline at 800-829-4477, Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Or, call the 24-hour ­assistance number at 800-829-1040.