jkcurry5577

The date on the turbotax bar says IRS accepting returns on 1/29 but the IRS site says 1/27. When will turbotax submit my return?

EbonyL122824

The IRS has not begun to process returns as of yet. The IRS will begin processing returns on January 27th.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-pending-mean/00/26331

BellaNJakesMom

The question was not answered.. Why does it state 1/29/2020? We all know processing starts on 1/27/2020.. 

1233

KatrinaLO

If you are referring to the blue bar in TurboTax Online, it is used as an estimate to track the status of your tax refund. The IRS began processing tax returns today. TurboTax will only show the status of returns (not refunds), such as when the return is actually accepted. You would not be able to directly track the status of your refund from within your TurboTax account. TurboTax is not connected the IRS or state department(s) of revenue refund tracking tools.

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for more information on tracking your tax refund:

https://www.irs.gov/refunds