Solved: Thanks for your help Ludwig_Van_fan. I'll fix that...

Do I need to file a tax amendment for year 2015 as my capital loss carryover is less than what I reported? It doesn't change my tax liability for that year though.

In year 2015 I had capital losses (~35k) with stocks. For one of them (UCO) I also received schedule K1. TurboTax added schedule K1 and 1099-B losses making it a bigger number (~59K). Unfortunately I didn't realize that and filed the return.

This year I found this discrepancy and want to correct it. For that I'm not sure if I should file an amendment for the year 2015. My tax liability for that year is not changed with the correction as I could claim only $3000 deduction. The only change would be the capital losses (and carryover).

I wouldn't file an amended return.  Make the correction in your records and apply the correct carry forward to 2016 and beyond.

**Disclaimer: Effort has been made to offer correct information; but due to the discussion forum limitations, the poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the poster's response**

Thanks for your help Ludwig_Van_fan. I'll fix that going ahead.