turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hajduk

I paid for the turbotax deluxe (CD version) and I am having trouble accessing my previous tax returns. Can you list the steps that I need to take to view my old returns?

Your site states that with the deluxe version, you get 24/7 tax return access.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

I paid for the turbotax deluxe (CD version) and I am having trouble accessing my previous tax returns. Can you list the steps that I need to take to view my old returns?

Yet you are asking  from TT online.
hajduk

N/A

"trouble accessing"
But didn't say exactly what the trouble is.

How did you prepare the prior returns?  In online TurboTax?   If so, have you located them in your account?  If so, when you try to print/download, does it say access is locked and asks you to pay?

Or were they prepared online, but you can't find them in your account?

Which tax year of CD Deluxe did you buy?  2018 or an earlier year?    A 2018 Deluxe CD purchase qualifies to unlock prior online returns, but would require a call to Customer Support.  We can tell you more when you answer all the questions above.

If the prior returns were prepared in desktop software, then you are the only one who could have saved a copy of them.
hajduk

I prepared my prior returns online. The CD I purchased is 2018. From what I read, I am supposed to find my old returns under Tax Home on the left, however, I don't see anything from the prior years. Hence why I am asking for the step-by-step of accessing the information.

My answer below will tell you how to look for multiple accounts to find the online returns.  Then when you DO find them online, if it says access is locked until you pay, then you'll need to phone TurboTax Support and tell them of your purchased CD.

The online returns will be at the Tax Home, but you have to scroll down to the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents".  There is also a link to get to that section in the left column "Previous returns."   When you open the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents", choose the tax year in question.   If the returns are not there, then you are likely not in the right account.   See the steps below to look for other accounts.
hajduk

Thank you epo39b!

You're welcome.  Good luck.

If the returns are locked when you find them, here's how to reach Support.   You can use the form at the link below to schedule a call back, or it may provide a number.  Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

Where the form asks what product you are using, be sure in the dropdown menu to indicate "CD/download" and the proper operating system, then indicate which Edition.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact">https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact</a>

If you prepared the prior returns online and can't find them when you look in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents", then you likely have multiple accounts (User IDs) without realizing it and signed into the wrong one.  This is one of the more common questions in the forum.  

You can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes.  A User ID may be an email address, but it doesn't have to be.  It might be only part of an email address, or it can be anything at all.

To get a list of your User IDs and recover account access, you can use the tool at the link below.  Try using your phone number first.   After that, if necessary, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number and email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method.
Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, and choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies