turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My amended return has been adjusted, when will i receive the check?

@jgates2382 mines too I just received a letter today sent out on 6/15 explaining the adjustments. have you heard anything?

@mamabear3258 mines was adjusted on 6/15 and I received a letter today explaining the adjustments.

@princessguess21 i got my letter an it states they need me to fill out 2 forms watch I thought when I did it through turbo tax it would have been complete so now I set an wait on 2 forms an I have know clue how to fill them out good luck
mimiikei

ANYONE..Just wondering? How long after adjustment does it take to get your refund? Spoke to my tax advocate said its pending release. But she said she will cb next fri. june 29th.

@mimiikei when was yours adjusted?
mimiikei

@princessguess21 it was june12

Mines was adjusted on June 15th I’m currently waiting
mimiikei

@princessguess21 im only going by tax advocates words. No letters about an adjustment made but hopefully i have a update when she calls back. Ill keep posted since we both around the same timeframe.

@mimiikei ok Thanks
kcpooh74

In my opinion everyone is super lucky. I don't remember when i mailed it, but IRS received amended return 2/27/18. My status never changed from processing,  i waited patiently to call them until 7/18/18. After hour on hold i was told it had already been processed 10 weeks prior on 4/10/18, and then NOTHING WAS DONE AFTER THAT. AND MAYBE I SHOULD REFILE. needless t to say that guy got an earful. Called them back for the next 3 days to try and find out what was going on. Each phone call over an hour on hold just to start. Friday 6/22/18i was finally told oh yes it was adjusted on the 19th. , HOWEVER IT HAS NOT BEEN ATTACHED TO YOUR ACCOUNT, AND UNTIL IT'S ATTACHED TO YOUR ACCOUNT WE DON'T KNOW WHEN IT WILL BE MAILED, BECAUSE THE COMPUTER GENERATES A DATE ONCE IT'S ATTACHED TO YOUR ACCOUNT. so Give it about 2-3 weeks and call us back. So i need to wait another 2-3 weeks after waiting 16 weeks, for a refund that was processed, 10 weeks ago, but IRS left in the air????????????? All the while no updates what so ever on website until Thursday night, when it said we received return 2/27, however your refund has not been processed, we apologize for the delay. Please call xxxxxxxxx xx So website says not processed, IRS LIVE SAYS PROCESSED AND ADJUSTED, while my electric and mortgage company say where's our money???  Advocate was no help btw, 2 hours on hold just to take info, apparently they put a referral but didn't get it expedited, the whole reason i waited on hold.  Jeez. If i did that with money i owed IRS, id be hit with so many fees late charges and interest that my pockets would cry for months.  But they just apologize and say, it's n the works, yeah for 20+weeks............
mimiikei

@kcpooh74 Yep. Same here. Had a referral done may 24, 1mnth ago. Contacted my congress on May 30, 3weeks ago. My advocate told me mines was adjusted to be release and gave two weeks to see if there will be a dd. And still waiting. Was told it will be expedited but here i am waiting. Its been 9 weeks since i amended. Im scheduled for cb on fri. Jun 29th..ive been praying she will have dd b/c after its been adjusted, the last step is generating a refund (completion) it shouldn't take no longer than 2 to 3 weeks to do so. You will think because its the off season they'll get through things faster. Smh.

On my 17th week of processing now! Ugh!
mimiikei

@tcarter1224 do you have a tax advocate? And also has its been 17 wéeks since you amended or filed your original?

@mimiikei. I do not have a tax advocate. It has been 17 weeks since they received my amended return. WMAR says completed since 4/20. I’ve called twice and they tell me it’s still being processed.
mimiikei

You most definitely need to see if you qualify for tax advocate, not only they do hardships but they do take cases like yours when your over your timeframe without any resolution or contact your local congressman, they will help resolve your issue or at least know your status. Seems like you should have been received onced adjusted after several weeks. I did the same. My ta and local congressman keep in contact.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies