Yup same problem... TurboTAX states to be patient.. and that the IRS is backlogged. But on the other hand, now Turbotax is trying to collect the tax fee from you instead of taking it out of your refund. They preach for patience and understanding while basically doing something that should be criminal.
Its textbook hypocrisy, nearly every other industry is understanding with this global pandemic except Turbotax. Last time user for sure.
You’re not alone. Millions of tax payers are still waiting for their taxes to be processed by the IRS even though it's over 21 days.
Per IRS, they have around 12 million tax returns that have been caught in a processing backlog created by the pandemic, which shut down the IRS for a time. Americans should see their refunds in the coming months. "We would hope to be through this backlog by the summer," said IRS Commissioner Charles Rettig.
- The IRS also has millions of returns that have to be manually verified which is also causing a delay.
- Keep checking the IRS Where's My Refund page to see if your refund status has been updated.
Other reasons some returns take longer to process are the following:
- Perhaps you had a refund offset.
- Includes errors
- Is incomplete
- Is affected by identity theft or fraud
- Includes a claim filed for an Earned Income Tax Credit or an Additional Child Tax Credit. See Q&A below.
- Includes a Form 8379, which could take up to 14 weeks to process
- Needs further review in general
- The IRS will contact you by mail when we need more information to process your return.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"