Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Taxes under review? My taxes were accepted, state and federal on 02/02/2019. When I did not receive my federal on March 1st, I gave it a few extra days. I called the IRS. I was told by the agent t

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Taxes under review? My taxes were accepted, state and federal on 02/02/2019. When I did not receive my federal on March 1st, I gave it a few extra days. I called the IRS. I was told by the agent t

You did not finish your question.  TurboTax does not get any information about your return after you file it.  So no one at TT knows anything about the status of the return you filed that is under review.  Only the IRS is in control.

To call the IRS:IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent.

OR:    Try contacting a Tax Advocate for help. https://www.irs.gov/advocate

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

The post cut me off:

Taxes under review?

My taxes were accepted, state and federal on 02/02/2019. When I did not receive my federal on March 1st, I gave it a few extra days. I called the IRS. I was told by the agent that I was under review for 45 days. I waited 45, and called back. I was then told it was 45 days from 3/25, as that is when the letter was issued. I waited. I got another letter on 05/22, stating that nothing has been done yet, and to wait another 60 days. This puts it at 7/21, as the estimated refund date

I called in today, to see if that is still an accurate date. After 45 mins, I was told to review my taxes and wait. To look for errors. If I don’t get it after the 60 day period (refused to tell me the exact date) to wait for another letter, or call in.

I have seen numerous people go thru this. If you have **RECEIVED** your refund, after this process, please tell me about it below.

It will be a 196 days since filing, if it comes thru on 7/21. That is more than half a year.

That's actually 169 days, not 196.  And the IRS can take as long as it wants, but must pay you interest on the refund after a certain point.

I have followed the prompts at the IRS, contacted a tax advocate as well. I know TT workers can’t tell me anything, but I know TT users who have been/are going thru this.

**** I have seen numerous people go thru this. If you have **RECEIVED** your refund, after this process, please tell me about it below. ***

I'm experiencing the same thing .I filed Feb 5th accepted the same day .I've recieved my state refund but have been given several different dates for federal refund wait for deposit or wait for a letter. I have had 4 different dates and still no answers. I was told flat out nope it was fixed each time and not amend it. I'm at a total loss
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies