Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Taxes Filed but IRA not "Funded"

Filed a Federal tax return yesterday. Had figured on a $4500 contribution to my IRA. Unfortunatly Schwab neglected to tell me there was a "3 day Electronic Fund transfer delay". Which doesn't make any sense because the Tax day doesn't close until 23:59.

And the Shwabettes I spoke too said I could mail a paper check IF it was postmarked 4/15/24...which, again, makes nosense (But we are dealing with the Screwed up 11,000 page Tax Code from the Federal Weinies). Of course this was at 1700 hrs 5PM...and NO USPS Post Office within 100 miles of me.....to "Postmark it"...which, again, if the IRS wants a Deadline, the deadline doesn't occur until 2359:59 (11:59:59PM) of 4/15/24, and therefore should MANDATE every Post Office (Or one playing that role) stay open until Midnite of the Deadline day. 

So, an Amended return is necessarry since once again, the Fed Government didn't fulfill IT'S responsibilities. I'm assuming Turbotax will accomodate that.....(Home and Business Edition purchased online)

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

Taxes Filed but IRA not "Funded"

Yes, TurboTax can be used to amend your return.  Take a look at the TurboTax help article below for instructions:

How do I amend my federal tax return for a prior year?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies