turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

I don't understand. If you have a debit card with Turbo Tax. It should accept your stimulus check. Green dot ownes that card and I have used my card for years from them. My ssi check goes on it every month and the government don't pay them any money to put it in there. They make money off of you every month with a fee

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

I was just asking because I see a lot of people wondering the same thing, like if you filed through TurboTax and got your refund on that card then yes you should get the stimulus check on there also, I mean how do you think you got your refund, the IRS knows your information from that

Amalio357

Wow. These turbo tax agents are replying so cryptic. Seems they may not really know. Simple question like" If I got my taxes direct deposited I to my bank account using TurboTax, do I have to do ANYTHING else to get my refund?", Gets answered, "You should".... Wtf. 

Yep, I will never use them again. I did not even need to file taxes because I did not have a w2; however, I'm a university student so I got a 10 something form for financial aid and was tokd to file useinf that although I was normt getting anything in return. T-tax still did not ask for my account information, it's nuts. 

My best friend & my supervisor both got theirs last night they have Chime

Well I filed with Turbo but I had my card connected for direct deposit . It's a unlimited 3 percent cash back green dot prepaid and my work pay goes on it. I just really need this money as we all do right now if you work non essential jobs. I work retail and I haven't been to work since the 21 st of last month and unemployment keeps kicking my app out and I have to start over. It's a mess out here. 

Julibrn

I read the pdf..  It says NEW bank info .. I believe its only if you have a different account than the ones you used with turbo

Pattypito
Returning Member

So if we filed with turbo tax are we good for getting stimulus money direct deposit?

I filed with turbo tax,got fees taking out paid from my refund ,I have a prepaid card and still got my stimulus check

Sounds like your the one with an attitude. You don't know why she waz texting in caps, Phone maybe messes up or just by pure accident or maybe she wash expressing her self either way you Need to shut up

Pattypito
Returning Member

Was this for me

My co-worker also got the prepaid card and his already pending on his card. So the answer must be whatever form of direct deposit you use it will be deposited onto that. So in conclusion, no paper those of you who got a pre paid card.

If you login to TurboTax and click the link to "Download/Print Return", your actual 1040/A/EZ will open.

Then just scroll down to the direct deposit information portion of the return.

Look at the routing and account number...if it matches your bank, you should be good to go.

Ok so because we filed with Turbo Tax and paid the extra money for perks, we wont be getting direct deposit? That makes no sense to me. I have been getting my income tax return direct deposited on the card. Why wont our stimulus checks direct deposit on there as well? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies