Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My return was accepted federally on 02/13 why hasnt my status changed to irs accepted yet?

Irs has not accepted my return yet it has been 19 days still why?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

My return was accepted federally on 02/13 why hasnt my status changed to irs accepted yet?

If TT told you it was Accepted, that's all you need for now (since it's the IRS that told TT that).

WMR has been slow to update, and the IRS has been slow to Approve.

Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov)

So today was day 31 of my refund delay, and After finally speaking with someone from the irs, I was told their is nothing flagged on my return no correspondence has been sent I am simply delayed. My return is sitting in the error resolution department awaiting to be assigned.

Its possible You may receive It sooner than that as long as once its processed no errors come back and no paperwork would be requested from me. So could take up to10 weeks at the latest from file date before I get a refund.
Also I confirmed I have error code unpostable 900 which is basically my return did not get uploaded in their system to process yet.

My transcripts show no tax return filed status and I am pretty positive that I am stuck in the error resolution department because the only thing I did differently this year was I used 2019 earned income for eic credit instead of 2020 because I made more in 2019 than I did in 2020 & because their system wasn’t programmed to handle this scenario so it errored out and has to be manually processed. As far as tax transcripts go My wmr message says still processing/code 152.  Unless you get a letter from the irs requesting additional info or telling why your return was rejected or unless your status changes from 152 to a different code or messaging I would imagine you are delayed and waiting like me. 

I would recommend you call them and find out after it has been 21 days or longer thats if you can get thru to someone and ask them specifically is my return in the error resolution department and what code are they seeing? How long will this take, was their any correspondence sent to me are their any flags on my return,  am I missing a form, miskeyed something or does my identity need to be verified? Can you see if my return was assigned to anyone or is it just in que to be processed? 

Good luck my friends please keep posting updates I will do the same.

*********see below for reasons for delay*******

Quotes from Washington post article:
An IRS call center agent told White on Wednesday that “over 7 million returns were sent to the Error Resolution System to buy time.”

The Error Resolution System is the group involved in the manual review of returns. Most years, it deals mainly with returns that are flagged as potentially fraudulent, but this year millions of returns claiming stimulus money or involving the earned-income tax credit or the child tax credit have also gone to the error department. Most of these filers are low-income families who lost a job or who had a new baby in 2020, and should have received stimulus checks based on those events but did not.

The other problem is that Congress said low-income tax filers could use either 2019 or 2020 income to qualify for the highest possible tax credits for children. IRS systems have struggled to handle two different years of income qualification.

article link: www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/03/12/irs-tax-refund-delays/

joynereh
Returning Member

How did you get hold of someone?I can't get through to the IRS! I need to know what's with our return ASAP.

I went thru the stimulus line than asked to be transferred to either error resolutions que or tax refund, I  also asked for the number [phone number removed] call in the morning. Thats the number they gave but yeah only got it because they transferred me I think.  As for when were getting it......have no idea we could be like the millions of 2019 returns still  being processed, my transcripts still say no tax return filed so We will see after 10 weeks is up. And if they dont get it finished then whats going to happen come july monthly benefit. So frustrating will let ya know if anything changed here please do the same. 

joynereh
Returning Member

Absolutely, will do!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies