Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax return filing pending

Hi. My wife and I filed married filiing separately using each one turbotax accounts. When she filed her taxes on Sunday, we received an email about a security hold for 48 hours. At this time the status of her tax return e-file with the irs is still pending. Does thay security hold means that turbotax has not sent her tax return to the irs? If not, what happens if they send it after today’s deadline?

thanks

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Does thay security hold means that turbotax has not sent her tax return to the irs?    That is correct.

If not, what happens if they send it after today’s deadline?  Depends ... if she has a refund nothing will happen.  If she owes then it may be considered late. 

On another note ... are you sure you each filed separately correctly ?  If you did then she should not have gotten that warning. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Does thay security hold means that turbotax has not sent her tax return to the irs?    That is correct.

If not, what happens if they send it after today’s deadline?  Depends ... if she has a refund nothing will happen.  If she owes then it may be considered late. 

On another note ... are you sure you each filed separately correctly ?  If you did then she should not have gotten that warning. 

The security risk email actually was sent to me saying that my information was being used on another turbotax account. 
I filed my tax return yesterday and it was accepted. 

She does have a refund on her tax return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies