Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Gsnap1983

Tax return 2023 waiting 120 days now

I have e filed since feb 27th all info is correct and I don't owe and I've looked over my Transcripts ect took all this up with my.tax preparer which is a professional and used her for 4 yrs now. Nothing is owed and I've filed every year married filling joint returns we are both good to go. But irs has sent me a 2645c form letter saying they need another 60 days and it's been like I said 120 on June 27th 2024 since I e filed everything. Why has this happened its just like it's stuck in processing online and nothing updated since April with irs on my transcripts so what can I do now i need money I have a 1 year old baby girl. 👶 😢

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

You need to call the IRS and speak with an agent concerning the status of your 2023 federal tax refund.

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 3 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Your tax preparer is the best person to advise you about your refund. She might be able to get more information from the IRS.

No one here in this TurboTax Community has access to any information about your refund.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies