mikebrunk

Tax refund

I filled out my taxes using Turbo Tax but when I went to E-file them I kept getting an error message that the IRS figure for my adjusted income didn't match. So, I eventually sent them in through the mail--twice. But when I use the "Where's My Refund" program, I get the message that they don't have any information. I'm at a loss. I can't seem to talk with anyone either at Turbo Tax or at the IRS about how to get help. I live in South Africa which complicates this whole process. I'm looking for a live representative. Thanks.

Nick-K-EA

Tax refund

Under normal circumstances, the IRS takes up to 8 weeks to process a mailed return. We are not under normal circumstances. If several months have passed, and you still do not have any indication that they've received your return, you may wish to contact them.  The easiest way for somebody outside the United States to do that would be to get a VOIP account with a US based number.

Nick K, EA

Tax refund

This year like last year the IRS is taking much longer than the normal 8 weeks to process mailed in returns.  Expect it to take 6 months or longer  especially since you mailed in 2 returns which can delay things even  further.