Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ktoca
Returning Member

Tax Refund Under Review

I filed my taxes April 18 and I've been using the "Where's my refund" on the its website. It is now stating that my tax return is being reviewed. This has never happened to me and Im worried I made a mistake. Does turbo tax offer any guidance on this? Or has anyone been in a similar situation? How long does it take to resolve this?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Tax Refund Under Review

the time to resolve this is solely in the hands of the IRS. you may get a notice from them asking for more info. if you do the sooner you respond the sooner it can get resolved.  you could call the IRS but it is so swamped with calls it is only answering a small fraction. repeated attempts would likely be necessary. even if you get through the agent may not be able to tell you the reason for the review

two major areas where taxpayers make errors are 1)not indicating in Tutbotax that they got economic impact payment 3 when the IRS computers indicated they did and 2) is a similar problem of not entering the advance child tax credit payments the taxpayers got according to the IRS computers. thus the taxpayers refund is overstated or the balance due is understated or a refund can change into a balance due

ktoca
Returning Member

Tax Refund Under Review

Thanks for the help, I did request a rebate on the Economic Payment 3, because I never received it. I even got a letter, (after a payment trace) that I qualified to request it with my taxes. I wonder if this prompted a review? I hope so. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies