Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Stimulus Payment

So I filed with Turbotax and got a refund advance, I checked the IRS site this morning and the account number they provided me with ended in the last four of my social and said my payment was deposited today. From my understanding that means it went to the refund advance account my taxes went to before they were released to my Turbocard. My question is what is what happens now will those funds be forwarded to me like my tax refund was or am I gonna be penalized for using your service that was supposed to make life easier not harder. What is happening to those of us who used refund advance and our money is being routed elsewhere? Because as of this morning even though the deposit was made my card is still empty. We are depending on that money and to continue to string us along with vague or incomplete answers is unacceptable. I mean most other tax services have figured out how to still provide their customers with their money will Turbotax do the same or will you allow your customers to suffer for filing with you in a time that is already stressful.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Stimulus Payment

TurboTax will be sending an email to taxpayers that will be receiving their stimulus payment from the IRS on their Turbo Visa Debit Card issued by Green Dot on Wednesday April 15, 2020.

• I have access to my Turbo Visa Debit Card: If you have access to your Turbo Visa Debit Card, there is nothing more you need to do. You will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit on 4/15. You can sign in to your account to check your balance here: https://secure.turbodebitcard.intuit.com/login 

• I no longer have access to my Turbo Visa Debit Card: If you no longer have access to your Turbo Visa Debit Card, don’t worry. If you have registered your card and know your login credentials, you can request a replacement card by signing in to your Turbo Visa Debit Card account (https://secure.turbodebitcard.intuit.com/account/report-lost-or-stolen). If you don’t know your account login information, call 888-285-4169 for assistance. You will not be charged for a replacement card or check; standard fees will be waived or refunded to you.  Due to heavy traffic you may experience some delays on the web site or phone line. 

If you have any questions, including how to receive a check, please check the Turbo Visa Debit Card site: https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/turbo-card/ 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Stimulus Payment

Sir that dd not at all address my concern, I have already received confirmation from the IRS that the deposit was made, My Turbocard however is empty and the account number is for the refund advance account you guys set up to get my taxes, even though the tax papers i was given had the account and routing number for my turbo card. So even though it was sent to the refund advance account will it eventual hit my Turbo card. You can't give me a general copy and paste "it will be available when it deposits" response when I know it deposited this morning and it is not available.

Flynnyrd
Returning Member

Stimulus Payment

We are in the same situation. Account number shows last 4 of social. It's really ridiculous that TT hasn't released any information regarding this. And the reps who are in the forum just cut and paste generic replies. I've used TT for over 10 years, but I won't use it again. 

Stimulus Payment

It is super frustrating cause they wont even give clear information so that we can do whatever we need to correct the situation. They aren't even giving us enough information to set clear expectations or what to do next. They're basically trying to sweep everything to the side and hoping it blows over. If I dont get some type of real information I will never file with them again and will make sure everyone knows they were ok with swindling their most vulnerable customers when we needed help the most. My guess is they will lose alot of business behind this

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Stimulus Payment

Several people have noted this and still received their deposit.  The deposits have been trickling in all day.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies