Cydogg23

Stimulus confusion 19

I filed my return through TurboTax. After I was done, I owe taxes. Obviously I didn't get a return. However I did enter my bank information on the form to have payments deducted in July. I also used that bank information for my state return to be deposited. So will my stimulus check be deposited into that account?

LinaJ2020

Stimulus confusion 19

No, it will not be.  IRS will only use the banking information if you are receiving a refund, not tax due payment.

@Cydogg23

Cydogg23

Stimulus confusion 19

Thank you. The guy I talked to on the phone said it would be. But I was kind of thinking he didn't know what he was talking about. He works for you guys so maybe more training is needed. So how do I get them to deposit my stimulus in my account?

JohnB5677

Stimulus confusion 19

The IRS is in the process of creating a site

If you only want to change your Direct Deposit Information

The Treasury is expected to shortly announce an online portal where direct deposit information can be supplied to the IRS. Here is what you should do: 

Go to  http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know to see if they have set up the online portal. (This article will be updated with the web address once it’s available.)