ChristinaTabrizipour

Stimulus Check

I filed my taxes for 2020 as a dependent only to realize my parents weren't claiming me. I amended my taxes and was asked if I received a stimulus to which I said no. Will I be receiving a stimulus payment for 2020?

Bsch4477

Stimulus Check

You must realize that if your parents are eligible to claim you—even if they did not— you must check the box saying that someone else can claim you. In that case, you would not get the stimulus. If they can claim you and you did not check that box you would get the stimulus but would have filed a fraudulent return. If they are not eligible to claim you there’s no problem with your getting the stimulus. 

ChristinaTabrizipour

Stimulus Check

I filed my taxes as a dependent before they told me they would not be claiming me. So I had to go back and amend my taxes as an independent. I was wondering if I would be issued the stimulus after ammending.

ChristinaTabrizipour

Stimulus Check

They cannot claim me because I'm 24.

Bsch4477

Stimulus Check

Great. No problem. Enjoy your stimulus payment.