Kmharris

Stimulus check was wrong amount

My husband and I got married in 2019 and filed out taxes jointly. I have received my stimulus check for $1200 but he hasn't and if you look his up on the irs site it shows the payment status unavailable message. We are well under the combined income limit. Why aren't we receiving the full $2400?

DawnC

Stimulus check was wrong amount

Your payment was sent out based on your most recent tax return, probably 2018 which was before you were married.  You can use the IRS site to update your husband's banking information and to track his stimulus payment.  When you file your 2020 tax return jointly, you will be eligible for a $2400 credit.  If for any reason your husband does not receive his $1200, it will be refunded with your 2020 tax return.  In other words, you won't lose out on the payment.  It may be delayed, but he will get it.  

Kmharris

Stimulus check was wrong amount

Thank you for replying but that doesn't seem to be the case. When I received my direct deposit it had both of our names on it but only my funds. I'm also not seeing a way to update his bank information on the irs site.