turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

DS101

Has anyone received a Direct Deposit Date (DDD) later than 2/22?

Just wondering if anyone has received a DDD later than 2/22/18 (today).

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The DDD depends on when the individual initially filed their taxes.

Refunds are generally processed within 21 days after acceptance. That would place your DDD around early to mid March. 

The general timeline of e-filed returns is: Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.  After acceptance, but before processing the status bar may disappear. If  you contact the government or try look up your refund status while your return is still pending, don't be surprised if they tell you "no record found." This is normal; until the government starts reviewing and processing your return, they won't have any record of it.   

The IRS started processing returns later than in prior years and as such has a backlog to work through. They also just recently started processing returns claiming EIC and/or ACTC.

During processing, the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent.

It can take up to 21 calendar days after acceptance for the IRS to issue your refund, although most refunds go more quickly than that, while a small handful may take a bit longer.

View solution in original post

247 Replies
Keisha32

Have you received your funds?? Still waiting for mines.. smh

Still waiting
nicole13

still waiting well that PATH ACT FINALLY WENT AWAY AND NOW IT SAYS THEY ARE BEING PROCESSED SO I AM PRAYING FOR ALL OF US TO WAKE UP IN THE MORNING AND CHECK OUT WMR,AND COME BACK ON HERE AND WE WILL ALL BE OK. I LOVE YOU ALL MY TT BUDDIES ON HERE EVERY YEAR WE ALL WELL I KNOW I DO ASKING? POSTING WHAT MINE SAID DOES WMR UPDATE ON SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS? ???

I not have path anymore says being processed no bars anymore. And im not sure it seems like I only get an update Once a week if that
nicole13

really? ?well I don't have any bars either and mine finally changet from the path act to being processed

It’s a waiting game some people got ddd for 22nd I guess we will be in the next batch

I hope we get in this batch. I filed like jan 10 or 11. I dont understand y i dont have a ddd??!! So frustrated! I dont wanna wait another week. This makin my nerves bad ah.
Treysmimi

Any changes for anyone? I was accepted on 1/28/19 with credits and path act went away and still processing. Several that we're accepted same day with credits got a ddd of 2/22/19. Hmm wonder why
ruthajms

No ddd for me was accepted on 1/28 with credits had path message for two weeks and Sat 216/2019 went to your return is being processed. But people that files after me like last week got ddd for 2/22/19
Treysmimi

ruthajms Exactly! It's crazy. Love to know how they are doing it.

I'm in the same boat here. No ddd and accepted on the 1/25/2019.

Me to filed 1/28 accepted same day still says being processed my sister who filed after me got her ddd for then 22nd
Treysmimi

I wonder if they are processing today being that it's a holiday.

They are saying that some should see an update on Tuesday morning ... this has been the weirdest year I’ve ever seen and I’ve been doing this for a lot of years. Accepted on 1/28, PATH msg and then everything disappeared (including bars and Tax Topic) ... I was panicked at first until I saw that so many others have went the same way.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies