Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Still can't print State Return, despite all forms being available

I've used TT Desktop for 14 years.   I efiled my 2023 state return, it has been accepted, and according to the forms availability link provided by TT all forms are available to print.  Yet I'm still encountering "Your (state return) contains non-final forms, which are currently not available. However, you can still save or print Federal and State Returns containing final forms." Not true... it only allowed me to Print / Save the federal return. 

Don't refer me to that post from December 2023 about non-final forms... it's not helpful when all forms are final, and the instructions to be notified don't work.  I tried signing up for notifications for forms availability, and it bombed with the message "Unable to load messageid No forms or products have been specified" - all I was asked for was my email, not a form.  Tried calling TT support.  After intros and explaining my issue, the line went dead. 

It looks like the only way I'm going to get a copy of my 2023 state return is to contact the state.  Not being able to print state tax returns is unacceptable - and frankly, it's not equitable to the customer not being able to review the state return before filing.  This needs fixing.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

@Silvergal 

IF you are referring to SC, and if you are using the desktop software?

Run a software update and try again.  Another SC user indicated that the forms blocking the print procedure were corrected in this week's update, and SC folks can now print out their SC forms.

(strangely, it was the new 2024 SC Estimated tax forms/vouchers that were blocking printout)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JulieS
Expert Alumni

Yes, this can happen sometimes when the e-file version of a form is approved before the print version. 

Please try the following steps:

1. Clear you cache and cookies on your default browser. Follow this link if you aren't sure how to do that. 
  2. Open your software and let it fully update the program. 
  3. Select File in the upper left corner, then Save as PDF.
  4. After the PDF is saved, try printing the state return. 
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@Silvergal 

IF you are referring to SC, and if you are using the desktop software?

Run a software update and try again.  Another SC user indicated that the forms blocking the print procedure were corrected in this week's update, and SC folks can now print out their SC forms.

(strangely, it was the new 2024 SC Estimated tax forms/vouchers that were blocking printout)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Bingo... yes, it's the SC state return from the desktop software, and you were right on the money!  I noticed even on the online version, the 2024 ES were the last to be finalized, so it doesn't surprise me that it was the troublemaker.  Once I figured out how to update (I've switched to a Mac laptop this year), I was able to get past that annoying screen. 

Many, many thanks! 

since you have the desktop version click on the Forms mode at the top and all the forms will show on the left side....scroll down to the state section click on the state form from there and to the right you should see three choices to print, delete, or close form.   Try hitting print form this way.  Hope this helps  thanks

Thanks... In the past I've used Windows which uses menu tabs.  When I switched to a Mac platform this year, I went straight to the tax filing tabs, and I didn't even pay attention to those icons.  Now I know!

I have used TurboTax Delux for years and I have never had one issue.

This year I could not print my state return, and I did not owe a penny.

But to get my taxes filed you got me for $25, shame on you!

Time for me to go elsewhere?

Christopher R. Thomas.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies