turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I deduct taxes that I have deducted from my earnings that I pay to a number of states on a bulk filing basis?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I deduct taxes that I have deducted from my earnings that I pay to a number of states on a bulk filing basis?

state taxes show on the K-1 as paid, when entered (line 13 code w) - you'll need to enter further detail.  you should also get state k-1's for states where you are supposed to file returns.  Now may pass-through entities pay the state taxes for their partners/shareholders in non-resident states so the taxpayer doesn't have to file.   this is not usually possible if the business is located in the taxpayers resident state.   this can get complicated because of all the ways a partnership/S-corp can handle state income taxes its partners/shareholders. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

do you get a w-2 or is this info from a k-1

It appears on my k-1

From my 401-K
Anonymous
Not applicable

don't understand what you mean by state taxes and 401-K.
Anonymous
Not applicable

state taxes show on the K-1 as paid, when entered (line 13 code w) - you'll need to enter further detail.  you should also get state k-1's for states where you are supposed to file returns.  Now may pass-through entities pay the state taxes for their partners/shareholders in non-resident states so the taxpayer doesn't have to file.   this is not usually possible if the business is located in the taxpayers resident state.   this can get complicated because of all the ways a partnership/S-corp can handle state income taxes its partners/shareholders. 

Manage cookies