Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2017lee

How can i fix my w2

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SharonC1

How can i fix my w2

If you have not already filed your tax return with the IRS and state, you can edit your W-2.  Just type W-2 into the search bar and use the jump link TurboTax provides to be taken to the W-2 screen.  Then click edit next to the W-2 with issues and make the changes.

If you have already filed your tax return with the IRS and state, you will need to amend your tax return.  This will be available in TurboTax towards the end of February.  Amending is a simple process in TurboTax.  I will provide instructions below.

You will need to wait until the IRS receives and processes your original return.  Wait until you receive the refund on your original tax return (or your check clears if you had to send a payment).

This article shows you how to amend your 2018 tax returns prepared in TurboTax.  If you used the desktop version of TurboTax, skip to step 6.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

How can i fix my w2

What is wrong with your W-2?
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
2017lee

How can i fix my w2

Im just worryed why its taken so long if i filed on the 22nd n got accepted on the 23rd of January and eveyone else got a date already for the 22nd and i havent mine status changed Saturday that they recived n its being processing
SharonC1

How can i fix my w2

Sorry.  Sometimes the timing of IRS movement seems very random and unpredictable.  Once it has been accepted by the IRS, TurboTax really can't answer what is going on.  It is pretty much out of our hands. Hopefully you will get it soon.  
peanut45-

How can i fix my w2

Wrong  ein  number

How can i fix my w2

@peanut45.  Go to Federal > Wages and Income.  Edit the W-2 there.
SharonC1

How can i fix my w2

If you have not already filed your tax return with the IRS and state, you can edit your W-2.  Just type W-2 into the search bar and use the jump link TurboTax provides to be taken to the W-2 screen.  Then click edit next to the W-2 with issues and make the changes.

If you have already filed your tax return with the IRS and state, you will need to amend your tax return.  This will be available in TurboTax towards the end of February.  Amending is a simple process in TurboTax.  I will provide instructions below.

You will need to wait until the IRS receives and processes your original return.  Wait until you receive the refund on your original tax return (or your check clears if you had to send a payment).

This article shows you how to amend your 2018 tax returns prepared in TurboTax.  If you used the desktop version of TurboTax, skip to step 6.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies